I am still in pain after surgery and think they may have made a mistake during the surgery. If they did, can I sue?

I went in for surgery for an abdominal hernia and even though it has been a long time since the surgery was finished, I am still in a lot of pain. I kept waiting thinking I just needed to recover but it has been months and they originally told me a lot of the healing should have been done by now.

Answers (1) disclaimer

131 Mineola Blvd., Suite 102
Mineola AZ 11501
(516) 873-6300

The Law Offices of Joseph M. Lichtenstein, PC

A hernia is an important procedure that can take some time to recover from, though it can vary from patient to patient. For most people, within a few weeks the majority of healing should be completed. During this process a surgeon will need to be careful since even a slight mistake can cause complications. There are a number of issues that can arise and one of these is the entrapment of nerves that can get caught in the mesh placed in the abdominal area as a barrier wall or in the stiches as well. This is just one option that may be to blame and you should be assessed further by a doctor that can determine what went wrong. It is possible that a surgical error may have occurred and this can be the cause of long lasting pain. You should have a doctor evaluate you and discuss the circumstances surrounding your injury with a lawyer. Surgical error is dealt with by many and the mistakes of a surgeon can leave a patient paying to correct it or to manage the pain. A lawyer can provide further insight into if you have a valid claim or not.

Related Questions

Patient died of medicarion error in a nursing home, is the nurse in trouble?

The medication of a newly admitted patient has not arrrived. The nurse borrowed the exact same heart medication from another resident but the dose was ...
answered by blank - California View answers »

What should I do?

I was hit in the face with a piece of metal that the weld broke on causing it to come back and hit me in the face it was under tremendous pressure ...
answered by Bostwick & Peterson - Indiana View answers »

I was misdiagnosed and even became more sick while in the hospital. Who can you sue for medical malpractice after receiving bad

I went to the hospital to be treated and instead they told me I was suffering from an illness I found out later to be untrue after being tested by ...
answered by Fox Goldblatt & Singer PC - New York View answers »